From: MCIPERF on
I have 400,000 rows, each with two integer fields: total trials and
total successes.

For some probability p, I would like to calculate for each row the one-
sided p value associated with its trials and successes, for the common
value of p.

E.g., if p = .1, trials = 10, successes = 11, what is the probability
that a result of 11 of more success occurs by chance?

The output data set set should look like

"total trials" "total successes" "one-sided p-value"

Thanks!

Gerry
From: Reeza on
On Jun 22, 5:41 am, MCIPERF <gerard.bl...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I have 400,000 rows, each with two integer fields: total trials and
> total successes.
>
> For some probability p, I would like to calculate for each row the one-
> sided p value associated with its trials and successes, for the common
> value of p.
>
> E.g., if p = .1, trials = 10, successes = 11, what is the probability
> that a result of 11 of more success occurs by chance?
>
> The output data set set should look like
>
> "total trials" "total successes" "one-sided p-value"
>
> Thanks!
>
> Gerry

Look at either cdf or pdf functions with the binomial selection.

See:
http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/lrdict/63026/HTML/default/viewer.htm#/documentation/cdl/en/lrdict/63026/HTML/default/a000208980.htm

Also, can you have 11 successes with only 10 trials? SAS will return
1, but I'd question my data.