From: dar on
Good Afternoon!

The following error is received when replying back to my email.

"request data (our company name) mail action aborted exceeded storage
allocation"

The client receives my email but when replying back they are receiving the
above message, what does it mean?

Thank you in advance.

From: neo on
Means the mailbox on the e-mail server is full and isn't accepting any more
items for it until the issue is corrected.

From: VanguardLH on
dar wrote:

> Good Afternoon!
>
> The following error is received when replying back to my email.
>
> "request data (our company name) mail action aborted exceeded storage
> allocation"
>
> The client receives my email but when replying back they are receiving the
> above message, what does it mean?
>
> Thank you in advance.

Means you exceeded the disk quota for your e-mail account. Time to
clean it up.

If you use POP to retrieve e-mails, the normal behavior is to issue a
RETR (retrieve) followed by a DELE (delete) command. If you configure
your e-mail client to "leave messages on server" then you told it to not
issue the DELE command. Well, that means all those messages remain up
on the mail server in your mailbox because you said to handle them that
way. You will have to periodically use the webmail interface to your
mailbox to clean it out or use the option in the e-mail client to delete
messages N days after retrieving them.