From: Needin help on
Does anyone know how or where you would control the setting to make sure that
links from other documents do not update each time a workbook is open? I want
to have that as the master setting for every excel doc, not just on one
particular one. On 2003, I used to get the prompt either update or not each
time I opened a doc. Does that prompt come up in Excel 2007 like it did in
2003?
From: trip_to_tokyo on
"Does that prompt come up in Excel 2007 like it did in 2003?"

Yes.

Please hit Yes if my comments have helped.

Thanks.

From: Abnerz on
Not sure if this help, but on my excel 2007, the links do not automatically
update - unless the file is open - no different than previous version.
Right under the toolbar, There is a security warning Automatic update ot
links has been disabled - options. At that point, I will hit options and
enable updates.

--
Abner

From: Abnerz on
actually, if you go to excel option - advanced - general - check the box ask
to update automatic links.
--
Abner