From: ker_01 on
I need to graph two separate named ranges as a continuous data series. Example:

Series 1; "PastMonthActuals" = Sheet2("A1:A3")
Series 2; "Projections" = Sheet3("A4:A12")

I'm not trying to graph these as separate series, I want it to all be one
line.
In my real workbook these are dynamic ranges, but this simple example will
suffice.

What is the best way (syntax) to set up a new named range that concatenates
the values so that I can feed it into my graph as one series of 12 points?
I've tried the obvious, such as: "AllPts" = PastMonthActuals & Projections

Thank you,
Keith
From: Luke M on
You don't need/want to concatenate, as you really need the array of values,
not text. With your chart, you can combine source data by seperating ranges
with commas.

E.g.,
Values: =('Book1.xls'!PastMonthActuals,'Book1.xls'!Projections)

--
Best Regards,

Luke M

From: ker_01 on
Awesome, thanks Luke!

"Luke M" wrote:

> You don't need/want to concatenate, as you really need the array of values,
> not text. With your chart, you can combine source data by seperating ranges
> with commas.
>
> E.g.,
> Values: =('Book1.xls'!PastMonthActuals,'Book1.xls'!Projections)
>
> --
> Best Regards,
>
> Luke M
> "ker_01" <ker01(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I need to graph two separate named ranges as a continuous data series.
> >Example:
> >
> > Series 1; "PastMonthActuals" = Sheet2("A1:A3")
> > Series 2; "Projections" = Sheet3("A4:A12")
> >
> > I'm not trying to graph these as separate series, I want it to all be one
> > line.
> > In my real workbook these are dynamic ranges, but this simple example will
> > suffice.
> >
> > What is the best way (syntax) to set up a new named range that
> > concatenates
> > the values so that I can feed it into my graph as one series of 12 points?
> > I've tried the obvious, such as: "AllPts" = PastMonthActuals & Projections
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Keith
>

> .

Pages: 1