From: roadkill on
Frankly I'm very annoyed with conditional formatting in Excel 2007 but am
hoping that there are settings or something that will at least take care of
the most annoying item so far.

Here's what I do and what's happening:
- Enter 3 condition formulas for 3 different background colors on a given
cell.
- Use the format paintbrush to copy this conditional formatting to other
cells.
- Discover that I need to change one or more of the condition formulas.
- Make the conditional format formula change in the original cell.
- Use the format paintbrush again to copy the corrected conditional
formatting to the other cells again.
- The result is that these other cells (that I copied to) now have the
original condition formulas and the corrected ones both (i.e. they now have 6
conditions each).

Is there a setting or something to take care of this (other than the obvious
clearing of the conditional formatting before pasting formats the second
time)?

Thanks,
Will

From: Michael_R on
Will, when you open the Conditional Formatting Rules Manager with a cell
selected that has your updated formatting you will find a field "Applies
to". There you should define all cells that your format should apply to.
If you use the Format Painter instead, you get what you have just now
experienced.

Michael