From: Roy Gudgeon on
I have a sales database with >300 records (sales orders) allocated to 6
salespersons. The database is added to constantly.

I want to be able to run a report at any given time for each person showing
their total sales to date.

Any ideas ?
--
thanks
Roy
From: Luke M on
Either use the COUNTIF function, or a PivotTable would also be very useful.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M

From: Michael_R on
Assuming you have the salesperson's names in column A and the orders in
column B you could do the following:

Make a list of all salesperson's names - say starting in D1
The formula in E1 for the first person's orders then is: =SUMIF(A:A,D1,B:B);
copy down.

I anticipate that your next question will be how to limit the totals to a
specific period; but that's another story.

From: Roy Gudgeon on
hi Luke

thanks for reply, the sumif function suggested by michael sloved my problem.
I did try to use Pivot tables but got some strange results (problably me!)
--
thanks
Roy