From: Vanessa Simmonds on
Good morning,

I have developed a spreadsheet at work and I have now been asked to share
with the other departments.

I would like to somehow protect from people copying my work and saying that
it was their development by putting my name in place that noone would be able
to delete.

How can I do it?

Best Regards,

Vanessa
From: Dave Peterson on
There's not much you could do to stop people from taking credit for your work.

Anything I would want to do would rely on some sort of protection (worksheet,
workbook, VBE) or macros, but all of these could be broken pretty easily.

Instead, I'd just add a "contact" worksheet with instructions, list of updates,
where they can find the current version.

You may find that the best thing that could happen is that the original gets
shared lots of times -- then everyone will know where to find the developer.

--

Dave Peterson