From: Rhonda on
Did you ever get a satisfactory answer to your question? I am having the same problem.

Kevi wrote:

Excel 2007 Sort Order Broken
01-Mar-08

In Excel 2003, and for some versions before, if I sorted a selected range
(say B4:Z54) by Col E Asc, Col B Asc, and Col F Asc then Excel would remember
the sort parameters so that if I changed ranges to say B104:Z154 it would
keep those same parameters loaded and I could just simply sort my data
without having to re-enter the sort parameters all over again.

Further - if I changed the range and then hit F4, it would re-execute the
sort for whatever new range that I had selected so that I wouldn't even need
to even bring up the sort dialogue. I hit F4 and Boom! done.

In Excel 2007, every time I change ranges, and even sometimes when I move
away from a range and then come back to an old range, I have to re-enter the
sort parameters every flipin' time. Further, if I hit F4 it resorts THE OLD
SELECTED RANGE - How messed up do you have to be to realize how useless that
is? I mean really - if F4 repeats the last command then what could you
possibly do to your spreadsheet that would - in any way - necessitate
re-doing a sort on the same range?

If someone has a work around for this or knows how to get the sort order
functionality to start working the way it was before I would appreciate it
because at this point I am serious considering dumping 2007 and going back to
2003. The improvements in 2007 are just simply not worth having to find
workarounds for all the problems.

Dr. Dotnetsky's Cool .NET Tips & Tricks # 12
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/57957f3e-0bd1-4ce6-8968-ab20ab99320d/dr-dotnetskys-cool-net.aspx
From: Gordon on

"Rhonda Rowe" wrote in message news:2009108174322rhondar(a)nvenergy.com...
> Did you ever get a satisfactory answer to your question? I am having the
> same problem.

The post you are replying to is EIGHTEEN MONTHS OLD...........