From: Jerry on
I did the help>repair and then ran the excel /unregserver and then the excel
/ regserver.
I did not get the error message this time but when I ran each of the excel
/unregserver and then the excel / regserver
it opened up a new workbook. Not a problem though. At least there are no
error messages AND I rebooted and opened Excel without a problem. This may
well have been the fix.

Thanks for the help!
Jerry

From: Dave Peterson on
What are you typing into that run dialog. I've never seen excel open any file
when I do this.

--

Dave Peterson
From: Jerry on

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> What are you typing into that run dialog. I've never seen excel open any file
> when I do this.
>

> Jerry wrote:
> >
> > I did the help>repair and then ran the excel /unregserver and then the excel
> > / regserver.
> > I did not get the error message this time but when I ran each of the excel
> > /unregserver and then the excel / regserver
> > it opened up a new workbook. Not a problem though. At least there are no
> > error messages AND I rebooted and opened Excel without a problem. This may
> > well have been the fix.
> >
> > Thanks for the help!
> > Jerry
> >
> > "Dave Peterson" wrote:
> >
> > > I've never seen this as a result of reregistering excel--in fact, I've never
> > > seen this error at all.
> > >
> > > If you can still open excel, I'd try Help|detect and repair
> > >
> > > Or if that doesn't work, I'd try re-installing excel.

> > > --
> > >
> > > Dave Peterson
> > > .
> > >

> --
>
> Dave Peterson
> .
> I was typing excel /unregserver and excel /regserver as you recommended. I opened up a new excel workbook both times.
Well it did work for awhile as I said in my last reply but it's broke again,
getting the same error messages as original problem. I think I have incidents
left on my original Office purchase but I'm not sure Microsoft still supports
it.
Any more ideas?

Thx
Jerry
From: Dave Peterson on
But what you wrote in the previous message didn't match what I suggested.

If it worked once, I'd try it again.

--

Dave Peterson
From: Jerry on
Well, now I'm back to:
I had already tried the "ignore other applications" option without success.
Now I tried your second recommendation to run excel /unregserver and
excel /regserver again and I got a curious error message considering all of
the times
I have reinstalled from my disc. The message is:
One of your object libraries (stdole32.tlb) is missing or damaged. Please
run setup to install it.
This just keeps going back and forth. Why in the world would this have
worked so well for 3 or more years and now become a problem. I've repaired,
uninstalled, reinstalled, unregserver, regserver many time now and it's still
broke.

Thanks for any help
Jerry