From: Shona on
Dear,

I need to calculate the below in excel sheet. please find below the details
and advise me:

Amount - 25000 - 3% * 3%

please advise how to subtract 3% from 25000 and then calculate 3% of that
amount.

awaiting for your earliest response.
From: OssieMac on
Hi Shona,

3% is actually 3 hundreths or 0.03. Therefore formula is.

=(25000-0.03*25000)*0.03

Standard maths rules apply inside brackets are first, multiplication is
before add or subtract.

--
Regards,

OssieMac

From: Joe User on
"Shona" wrote:
> please advise how to subtract 3% from 25000
> and then calculate 3% of that amount.

=25000*(1-3%)*3%

which is the same as:

=(25000 - 25000*3%)*3%