From: demin on
Why I use Excel LIBNAME Engine for an Excel file with only one
worksheet, but there are 2 tables: one is end with $, one without, and
but the two tables are exact the same. Question: Is it my excel file
problem or SAS Excel LIBNAME Engine problem? thanks.
From: Arthur Tabachneck on
Demin,

I believe that the ones with the $ are your full worksheets, while the
ones without the $ specify defined ranges.

HTH,
Art
------------

From: demin on
Thanks Art, but I just don't know why this happen. My excel file only
contains one worksheet, but when using Excel LIBNAME Engine, I can see
2 tables there (with our with the $) and I checked them again and sure
they are the same. But since you said with the $ is full worksheets, I
will use this one, but with more work to exclude that one without th $
(eg, if i need to do some appending in a loop...)

BTW, is there any method to use Excel LIBNAME Engine to link a folder,
like a regular libname. If I have many excel files in one folder, do I
have to use a loop to libname all excel files?