From: William McCann on
We have a user using MS Office 2003 SP3 (Windows XP), with the File Format
Convertor installed for Office 2007 files. When he opens an Excel 2007 .xlsx
file, Excel 2003 launchs, the File Convertor does it's work and opens the
file, but the file name changes completely, the filename will follow the
format Xl0000001, the next 2007 file will be named Xl0000002 and so on.

I have Office 2007 installed myself, so created a file with little content
and sent it on to the user and the same renaming of the file happens. Tested
this on another users system, and it opens with the same file name as I saved
it with.

I have reinstalled the File Format Convertor, but this has not resolved the
issue, I have searched in these groups and on Google and haven't found any
info on this.

I haven't reinstalled Office as yet, as the user is too busy at the moment
to lose his system for the time it takes.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Will.