From: fsidhva on

Guzun, Alex wrote:
> Excel services wasn't activaed
>
> Here you'll find all about Setting up and Publishing to Excel Services
> Step By Step with screeshots
> http://msd2d.com/content/Tip_viewitem_03.aspx?section=SharePoint&category=Administration&id=2d02b594-5e07-4957-921f-72e6e6954618
>
> Asif Rehmani wrote:
> > I didn't see a mention in your post of "adding the doc library as a trusted
> > location". If you haven't done that yet, this maybe your problem. You can
> > add a doc library as a trusted location through central admin.

All related services have been started.

When attempting view in web browser - the machine returns the following
error:
An error has occurred.
Please contact your system administrator if this problem persists.

The application log shows three entries:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Office SharePoint Server
Event Category: Excel Services Web Front End
Event ID: 5234
Date: 1/9/2007
Time: 2:50:06 PM
User: N/A
Computer: DELL
No Excel Calculation Services is available in the farm.[User:
SHAREPOINT\system]

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Office SharePoint Server
Event Category: Excel Services Web Front End
Event ID: 5239
Date: 1/9/2007
Time: 2:50:06 PM
User: N/A
Computer: DELL
There was an error in communicating with Excel Calculation Services
http://dell:56737/SharedServices1/ExcelCalculationServer/ExcelService.asmx
exception: Unable to connect to the remote server
[Session: (null)
User: SHAREPOINT\system].

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Office SharePoint Server
Event Category: Excel Services Web Front End
Event ID: 5231
Date: 1/9/2007
Time: 2:50:06 PM
User: N/A
Computer: DELL
Unable to reach Excel Calculation Services
http://dell:56737/SharedServices1/ExcelCalculationServer/ExcelService.asmx.
[Session: (null)
User: SHAREPOINT\system]

Thank you for any further input - I cannot find the event ids anywhere