From: Neil Jones on
Hi,

I want to develop some tools at work for Excel using Visual Basic. The
goal is to make an exe file which will prompt the user for data input
files and create spreadsheets. What tools do I need? Do I need to
install Visual Studio Express and develop the VB code?

Thank you in advance for any help.

NJ
From: Henning on

"Neil Jones" <nj(a)dev.null> skrev i meddelandet
> Hi,
>
> I want to develop some tools at work for Excel using Visual Basic. The
> goal is to make an exe file which will prompt the user for data input
> files and create spreadsheets. What tools do I need? Do I need to
> install Visual Studio Express and develop the VB code?
>
> Thank you in advance for any help.
>
> NJ

To ask/program using that creature, you're suported in the MS forums.
This group is for VB (5/6).

/Henning

From: Access Developer on
Why would you mess with Visual Studio? Excel has support for VBA, and it's
very similar to classic VB. But, in fact, they have even made improvements
in VBA (VBA 7) as use in Access 2010, but no VBA in the new Access Web Apps
(Access creating XML/scripts to front-end SharePoint 2010) -- they use "data
macros".

VBA 7... I wonder if that's the core of VB 7, resuscitated (or would that be
'resurrected'?).

--
Larry Linson, Microsoft Office Access MVP
Co-author: "Microsoft Access Small Business Solutions", published by Wiley