From: Shaheen on
Hi,
I want to use an excel frontend to create a UI. Once I select all the
parameters, I want to call a SAS program by clicking a button on excel
that will take these parameters, executes SAS Program (stored some
where on my machine) and then return the resulting dataset.

How can I achieve this?

Anyone with a sample spreadsheet and sample sas code?
From: Ya on
On Aug 3, 9:03 am, Shaheen <siqu...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to use an excel frontend to create a UI. Once I select all the
> parameters, I want to call a SAS program by clicking a button on excel
> that will take these parameters, executes SAS Program (stored some
> where on my machine) and then return the resulting dataset.
>
> How can I achieve this?
>
> Anyone with a sample spreadsheet and sample sas code?

SAS Integration Technology is what you need.
You can find many samples by goolging the key word "SAS Integration
Technology Excel".
Here is one "http://www.dartmouth.edu/~bburnham/tdi/
SAS_Integration.ppt"

You may need some experience on VB, C# etc.

HTH

Ya
From: Shaheen on
On Aug 3, 11:52 am, Ya <huang8...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 3, 9:03 am, Shaheen <siqu...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I want to use an excel frontend to create a UI. Once I select all the
> > parameters, I want to call a SAS program by clicking a button on excel
> > that will take these parameters, executes SAS Program (stored some
> > where on my machine) and then return the resulting dataset.
>
> > How can I achieve this?
>
> > Anyone with a sample spreadsheet and sample sas code?
>
> SAS Integration Technology is what you need.
> You can find many samples by goolging the key word "SAS Integration
> Technology Excel".
> Here is one "http://www.dartmouth.edu/~bburnham/tdi/
> SAS_Integration.ppt"
>
> You may need some experience on VB, C# etc.
>
> HTH
>
> Ya

Thanks... but the example in the above website does not show how to
call a stored SAS program and execute it through VBA. I have gone
through most of the stuff on this website before but still not able to
solve the issue at hand.
From: Arthur Tabachneck on
Shaheen,

Take a look at: http://www2.sas.com/proceedings/sugi30/157-30.pdf