From: Kim on
The programme for 2007 has recently been installed, and my cells are all
formated to Number instead of General, and Excel won't let me change it back
to General. We tried to uninstall and re-install but this did not help.
From: Dave Peterson on
Maybe you have a workbook template file named book.xlt (or .xltx or .xltm) in
your XLStart folder.

This template file is used as the basis for starting new workbooks.

You could try to edit it (and change the number format) or move it (or delete
it). Then restart excel to test.

--

Dave Peterson