From: Peter Venkman on
Hi,

It looks like this may be alarming be an alarming flaw in Exchange
security at least for my company's processes in regards to term'ed
employee mailboxes. If somebody sets up a server-side rule that
forwards all their incoming to an external address, that rule stays
active even after disabling the mailbox. Is there a way to prevent
this globally, or are we going to need to manually go into every
single mailbox of people who leave the company and clear rules?
Thanks.

PVD
From: M on
Hello:

You can disallow automatic forwarding of e-mails to external addresses
globally, but I'm not aware of anything to automatically delete or disable
rules when an account is disabled.

There's a legitimate reason for allowing rules on disabled
accounts/mailboxes. If you set up a resource mailbox (which has a disabled
AD account), you might need to set up some rules on that.

--
Regards,
MCTS, MCSA

From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 11:16:08 -0700 (PDT), Peter Venkman
<pauldi(a)iona.com> wrote:

>It looks like this may be alarming be an alarming flaw in Exchange
>security at least for my company's processes in regards to term'ed
>employee mailboxes. If somebody sets up a server-side rule that
>forwards all their incoming to an external address, that rule stays
>active even after disabling the mailbox. Is there a way to prevent
>this globally, or are we going to need to manually go into every
>single mailbox of people who leave the company and clear rules?
>Thanks.

Delete the mailbox. Done!
---
Rich Matheisen