From: Ryan on
Thanks for responding. This was a necessary (although temporary) upgrade, as
I don't really like doing these types of upgrades either. I will be doing a
clean install (and migration) of exchange 2003 on a 2003 server
eventually...but perhaps not for several months, so I'm trying to get this
problem taken care of.

To answer your question, I have applied SP2, which I believe is the latest
service pack from what I saw on the website.

From: Andy David {MVP} on
On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 06:56:01 -0700, Ryan
<Ryan(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Thanks for responding. This was a necessary (although temporary) upgrade, as
>I don't really like doing these types of upgrades either. I will be doing a
>clean install (and migration) of exchange 2003 on a 2003 server
>eventually...but perhaps not for several months, so I'm trying to get this
>problem taken care of.
>
>To answer your question, I have applied SP2, which I believe is the latest
>service pack from what I saw on the website.

Yea, those are probably the symptoms, not the cause :)

Have you run ExBpa against the server?
Any 3rd party software installed?

From: Ryan on
I tried the Troubleshooting Assistant...not the Bpa...I will try that.
Thanks for the suggestion.

The only 3rd party software installed is Norton AntiVirus Corporate Ed.

From: Andy David {MVP} on
On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 11:30:09 -0700, Ryan
<Ryan(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I tried the Troubleshooting Assistant...not the Bpa...I will try that.
>Thanks for the suggestion.
>
>The only 3rd party software installed is Norton AntiVirus Corporate Ed.

Disable and see if it makes a difference.

From: Ed Crowley [MVP] on
Or, at the very least, pull up the Norton KB that tells you which
directories to exclude from scanning and implement it.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..