From: Steve on
I've introduced a first Exchange 2010 server in a 2003 organization. All
went well until I tried to to convert Recipient Policies to Exch2010. The
command I ran is listed below and the error it generated. Any ideas how to
resolve this problem? Thank you in advance.

Command:
Set-GlobalAddressList "Default Global Address List" -RecipientFilter
{(Alias -ne $null -and (ObjectClass -eq 'user' -or ObjectClass -eq
'contact' -or ObjectClass -eq 'msExchSystemMailbox' -or ObjectClass -eq
'msExchDynamicDistributionList' -or ObjectClass -eq 'group' -or
ObjectClass -eq 'publicFolder'))}

Error:
You can't peform this operation on default global address list "Default
Global Address List".
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (\Default Global Address
List:ADObjectId) [Set-GlobalAddressList], InvalidOperationException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId :
77CACDDB,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.SystemConfigurationTasks.SetGlobalAddressList

From: Ed Crowley [MVP] on
I don't understand how the command you posted relates to recipient policy
conversion.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

From: S3d on
My bad! Copied and pasted wrong information. Sorry!

I wanted to convert Address Lists using the following commands. All worked
except last command.

Set-AddressList "All Users" -IncludedRecipients MailboxUsers

Set-AddressList "All Groups" -IncludedRecipients Mailgroups

Set-AddressList "All Contacts" -IncludedRecipients MailContacts

Set-AddressList "Public Folders" -RecipientFilter {RecipientType -eq
"PublicFolder"}

From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 20:14:33 -0500, "S3d" <sw3(a)nodomain.not> wrote:

>My bad! Copied and pasted wrong information. Sorry!
>
>I wanted to convert Address Lists using the following commands. All worked
>except last command.

So your problem has notheing to do with recipient policies?

>Set-AddressList "All Users" -IncludedRecipients MailboxUsers
>
>Set-AddressList "All Groups" -IncludedRecipients Mailgroups
>
>Set-AddressList "All Contacts" -IncludedRecipients MailContacts
>
>Set-AddressList "Public Folders" -RecipientFilter {RecipientType -eq
>"PublicFolder"}
>
>Set-GlobalAddressList "Default Global Address List" -RecipientFilter
>{(Alias -ne $null -and (ObjectClass -eq 'user' -or ObjectClass -eq 'contact'
>-or ObjectClass -eq 'msExchSystemMailbox' -or ObjectClass
>-eq 'msExchDynamicDistributionList' -or ObjectClass -eq 'group'
>-or ObjectClass -eq 'publicFolder'))}

You can't modify the Default Global Address List.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP