From: S3d on
Do I need to purchase a second exchange license for Edge Transport server
since it must be installed on a separate box? Thank you.

From: Ed Crowley [MVP] on
Nobody on this list is qualified to quote licensing terms on behalf of
Microsoft. You should contact your Microsoft representative or reseller.
However, I can safely advise you that it is my experience that every
instance of an Exchange server has required a server license going back to
when the product was first sold.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..