From: Mark on
We have a user who is getting a LOT of SPAM. Many of these contain a
specific word or words. I went into Exchange Management Console -
Organization Configuration - Hub Transport - Anti-Spam - Content Filtering -
Custom Words, and added the word(s) in question to the "blocked" section.
This did not stop the messages with those words from being delivered. Is
there something that I am missing here? I even tried rebooting the server
but still get the SPAM.

Thanks.

From: Mark Arnold [MVP] on
On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 08:20:51 -0500, "Mark" <markl(a)csbonline.net>
wrote:

>We have a user who is getting a LOT of SPAM. Many of these contain a
>specific word or words. I went into Exchange Management Console -
>Organization Configuration - Hub Transport - Anti-Spam - Content Filtering -
>Custom Words, and added the word(s) in question to the "blocked" section.
>This did not stop the messages with those words from being delivered. Is
>there something that I am missing here? I even tried rebooting the server
>but still get the SPAM.
>
>Thanks.

You never stated whether you were getting updates.
See:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb125199(EXCHG.80).aspx
just in case you haven't done that part yet.
From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
wrote:

>We have a user who is getting a LOT of SPAM. Many of these contain a
>specific word or words. I went into Exchange Management Console -
>Organization Configuration - Hub Transport - Anti-Spam - Content Filtering -
>Custom Words, and added the word(s) in question to the "blocked" section.
>This did not stop the messages with those words from being delivered. Is
>there something that I am missing here? I even tried rebooting the server
>but still get the SPAM.

Are the messages in HTML? Have you looked at the raw message? It's
pretty easy to hide things in HTML by putting unrecognized tabs in the
middle of words.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 13:49:09 -0500, "Rich Matheisen [MVP]"
<richnews(a)rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote:

>On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 08:20:51 -0500, "Mark" <markl(a)csbonline.net>
>wrote:
>
>>We have a user who is getting a LOT of SPAM. Many of these contain a
>>specific word or words. I went into Exchange Management Console -
>>Organization Configuration - Hub Transport - Anti-Spam - Content Filtering -
>>Custom Words, and added the word(s) in question to the "blocked" section.
>>This did not stop the messages with those words from being delivered. Is
>>there something that I am missing here? I even tried rebooting the server
>>but still get the SPAM.
>
>Are the messages in HTML? Have you looked at the raw message? It's
>pretty easy to hide things in HTML by putting unrecognized tabs in the
>middle of words.

"tabs" s/b "tags".
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
From: Rajiv K Khandelwal on
Mark you are right. However the work around that proved useful was to list
one or two IP Block List Providers in the IP Block List Providers menu.
Secondly ensure that your SPF record is correct. These two actions virtually
eliminated my spams.

Rajiv K Khandelwal