From: Brandon on
I am in the process of migrating our Exchange 2003 environment to Exchange
2007 SP2 which has gone smoothly for the most part, with one of the
exceptions being the autodiscover service.

I followed the guide that I found here to set up a new autodiscover site in
IIS and create a new autodiscover virtual directory in Exchange:
http://www.exchangeninjas.com/CasCertMethod2

Got an SSL cert for autodiscover.ourdomain.local, installed and enabled it,
and followed the instructions there to set the SCP, etc. However, when I do
the Test E-Mail AutoConfiguration from Outlook 2007 I get the following error:

"Attempting URL
https://autodiscover.ourdomain.local/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml found
through SCP
Autodiscover to
https://autodiscover.outdomain.local/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml starting
Autodiscover request completed with http status code 500
Autodisocver to
https://autodiscover.ourdomain.local/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml FAILED
(0x80004005)"

Running Test-OutlookWebServices from the EMS gives me the following output:

Id : 1003
Type : Information
Message : About to test AutoDiscover with the e-mail address
Administrator(a)ourdomain.com

Id : 1007
Type : Information
Message : Testing server RALEMAIL01.stewart-eng.local with the published
name h
ttps://server.ourdomain.local/EWS/Exchange.asmx & .

Id : 1019
Type : Information
Message : Found a valid AutoDiscover service connection point. The
AutoDiscover
URL on this object is https://autodiscover.ourdomain.local/autodis
cover/autodiscover.xml.

Id : 1013
Type : Error
Message : When contacting https://autodiscover.ourdomain.local/autodiscover/a
utodiscover.xml received the error The remote server returned an
erro
r: (500) Internal Server Error.

Id : 1006
Type : Error
Message : The Autodiscover service could not be contacted.

I'm not sure what the problem might be so any suggestions would be helpful.

From: Ed Crowley [MVP] on
Did you enter an DNS entry for autodiscover.ourdomain.local?
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

From: Brandon on
Yes, I created a DNS entry for autodiscover.ourdomain.local. I can ping it
and get a reply.