From: skip on
Hello all

I need to grant the helpdesk group the rights to modify all recipient
information for all users in a parent OU and all sub OU's of the parent.
There is a script (configuresplitperms.ps1) that will grant the proper
rights that the helpdesk staff needs.
I ran

..\ConfigureSplitPerms.ps1 -user "kbblab\helpdesk" -identity
"OU=Irvine,dc=kbblab,dc=com"

This command works but only for the OU i specified in the command it doest
grant rights to the helpdesk group for any sub OU's of "irvine"

Can i use this script to push down the rights to all sub ou's ? if not how
can i acomplish this?

Many thanks

From: Bharat Suneja [MSFT] on
Have you blocked inheritable permissions from propagating to child OUs?

In child OU properties | Security tab | Advanced --> "Allow inheritable
permissions from tha parent..... ".

--
Bharat Suneja
Microsoft Corporation

rights. Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
newsgroup purposes only.
----------------------------

From: Family on
I will give this a shot, thanks for the information.

"Bharat Suneja [MSFT]" <bsuneja(a)online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Have you blocked inheritable permissions from propagating to child OUs?
>
> In child OU properties | Security tab | Advanced --> "Allow inheritable
> permissions from tha parent..... ".
>
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> Microsoft Corporation
> blog: exchangepedia.com/blog

> rights. Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
> newsgroup purposes only.
> ----------------------------
>

> "skip" <shofmann(a)kbb.com> wrote in message
>> Hello all
>>
>> I need to grant the helpdesk group the rights to modify all recipient
>> information for all users in a parent OU and all sub OU's of the parent.
>> There is a script (configuresplitperms.ps1) that will grant the proper
>> rights that the helpdesk staff needs.
>> I ran
>>
>> .\ConfigureSplitPerms.ps1 -user "kbblab\helpdesk" -identity
>> "OU=Irvine,dc=kbblab,dc=com"
>>
>> This command works but only for the OU i specified in the command it
>> doest grant rights to the helpdesk group for any sub OU's of "irvine"
>>
>> Can i use this script to push down the rights to all sub ou's ? if not
>> how can i acomplish this?
>>
>> Many thanks

Pages: 1
Prev: IMCEAMAILTO addresses??