From: chesterlui on
I used to receive this error every few days:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Server ActiveSync
Event Category: None
Event ID: 3014
Date: 12/22/2008
Time: 5:16:37 PM
User: domain\user
Computer: mailserver
The Exchange mailbox Server: [mailserver.com] has reached its timeout
threshold. The mailbox server will be protected from new requests for
[60] seconds.

Recently I have been seeing this event being logged every 30-45 mins.
I am not sure if it is related but a few days ago we noticed that the
cpu useage was being hammered by the IIS Worker Process (w3pwp.exe). I
am not sure what the cause of why that process is hammering our
cpu's.

We also downloaded and installed IISPeek and ran it and all it was
reporting was several instances of:

ExchangeApplicationPool
pid (3592)
REQUEST: 4179340468158495201 VERB: POST URL: /Microsoft-Server-
ActiveSync?
User=username&DeviceId=Appl87808GZNWH8&DeviceType=iPhone&Cmd=Sync
ELAPSED: 329 PIPE-STATE: Processing TIME-IN-STATE: 0
CLIENT-IP: 10.16.0.42 PORT: 443

I'm not sure how else to diagnose my issue, but if anybody has any
ideas or solutions I am all ears at this point.

Thanks in advance!
~C
From: Fazal Mohommad khan on
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet/31272964/event-id-3014-source-mi.aspx