From: GoTrojans on
I have an Exchange 2007 server, and the SMTP Send Connector points to one of
our two SmartHosts. I'm looking for a solution that provides resilency with
the second SmartHost if the first fails for whatever reason.

When looking at the Send Connector properties, I can add additional
SmartHosts on the Network tab.

To provide resiliency, is it as simple as adding the second SmartHost?
Therefore, email will route to the available SmartHost.

Thanks

Ron
From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 16:34:49 -0700, GoTrojans
<GoTrojans(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have an Exchange 2007 server, and the SMTP Send Connector points to one of
>our two SmartHosts. I'm looking for a solution that provides resilency with
>the second SmartHost if the first fails for whatever reason.
>
>When looking at the Send Connector properties, I can add additional
>SmartHosts on the Network tab.
>
>To provide resiliency, is it as simple as adding the second SmartHost?

Depends on your definition of "resiliency", I'd guess.

>Therefore, email will route to the available SmartHost.

Sure. As long as they both aren't on the same network, the same
switch, the same ISP circuit, etc.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP