From: Paulo Silva on
What's the best way of implementing on exchange 2007?
I need contact lists by department, and have been googling around. I found
that public folders can probably be a solution, but i read also that when
using the outlook web access i would loose the ability to search the contact
on the public folders.

Regards,

Paulo Silva
From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Wed, 3 Feb 2010 07:14:03 -0800, Paulo Silva
<PauloSilva(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>What's the best way of implementing on exchange 2007?
>I need contact lists by department, and have been googling around. I found
>that public folders can probably be a solution, but i read also that when
>using the outlook web access i would loose the ability to search the contact
>on the public folders.

How about creating one address list for each department?
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
From: Paulo Silva on

"Rich Matheisen [MVP]" wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Feb 2010 07:14:03 -0800, Paulo Silva
> <PauloSilva(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >What's the best way of implementing on exchange 2007?
> >I need contact lists by department, and have been googling around. I found
> >that public folders can probably be a solution, but i read also that when
> >using the outlook web access i would loose the ability to search the contact
> >on the public folders.
>
> How about creating one address list for each department?
> ---
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> .

How can the address lists for each department created?
Using a public folder for department?

Regards
From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Wed, 3 Feb 2010 10:14:08 -0800, Paulo Silva
<PauloSilva(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>"Rich Matheisen [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 3 Feb 2010 07:14:03 -0800, Paulo Silva
>> <PauloSilva(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >What's the best way of implementing on exchange 2007?
>> >I need contact lists by department, and have been googling around. I found
>> >that public folders can probably be a solution, but i read also that when
>> >using the outlook web access i would loose the ability to search the contact
>> >on the public folders.
>>
>> How about creating one address list for each department?
>> ---
>> Rich Matheisen
>> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
>> .
>>

>How can the address lists for each department created?

Use these cmdlets:
New-AddressList
or
Set-AddressList

>Using a public folder for department?

Not if OWA is expected to use them.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Wed, 3 Feb 2010 21:58:05 -0000, "PauloSilva" <wickay(a)hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I don't think you undestood, or at least i think i didn't make myself clear.
>What i'm looking is on how to maintain a contact list shared by a
>department.

You can restrict who can see each address list.

>For example, the customer contacts for a sales department, the manufactors
>contacts for a technical support team . Hope that i was more clear this time
>:)

You were clear the first time -- you can't use public folders because
of OWA.

You have conflicting requirements. Perhaps it's time to look at
Sharepoint and have each department have its own site where those
contacts can be managed.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP