From: WildPacket on

Exchange 2007 CAServer - SAN cert is expiring in 3 weeks and I am looking to
renew it. Is the same command to renew "New-ExchangerCertificate" .. or is
there some other way to renew. I had this fo r1 year before but now I want
to do 4 years.

Advise Please.

Thank you
From: WildPacket on
Or can I use the IIS GUI to renew it????

From: WildPacket on

I found this an example...and I am thinking to send a request using the
existing thumbprint of my current certificate ...
Did some search and came acros this ...

run the ger-exhcangecertifcate and use the existing thumbprint ...

Get-ExchangeCertificate -Thumbprint c4248cd7065c87cb942d60f7293feb7d533a4afc
| New-exchangecertificate –generaterequest –subjectname “c=ca, o=domainname,
cn=webmail.domainname.com” -domainname webmail.domainname.com,
autodiscover.domainname.com, cas01, cas01.domainname.com,
cas02,cas02.domainanme.com –FriendlyName “Exchange SAN Cert” –keysize 1024
-path c:\cert.req –privatekeyexportable:$true

And then send the request to godaddy ...????

Advise Please - Thank you.

From: Ed Crowley [MVP] on
If you do the Get-ExchangeCertificate, you shouldn't need all the other
stuff in the New-ExchangeCertificate cmdlet since the data is already in the
certificate you're trying to renew. All you should need
is -PrivateKeyExportable:$True if you want to use it on other CAS servers.

If you need to make any changes to the certificate, you can just do a
New-ExchangeCertificate command with all the parameters, and then just
replace the old certificate with the new one. When you verify that the new
one works, you can remove the old one.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..