From: sawyer on
Hello all

We are running Exchange 2007 sp2, there are a few mailboxes that are
showing up as "linked" mailboxes. I read a blog post about this, and a
possible fix for this issue is to locate the user account using adsiedit
and change the msExchRecipientTypeDetails from 2 to 1. When I do this all
the mailboxes that showed up as linked, now show up as a regular mailbox, so
it appears that changing the attribute worked, but after a day or two the
mailboxes go back to being linked and the attribute changes from a 2 back to
a 1.

Any thoughts on what could be causing this?

http://telnetport25.wordpress.com/2008/06/10/linked-mailbox-conversion-after-migration-in-exchange-2007/

From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Tue, 2 Feb 2010 09:16:42 -0800, "sawyer" <occompguy(a)cox.net> wrote:

>Hello all
>
> We are running Exchange 2007 sp2, there are a few mailboxes that are
>showing up as "linked" mailboxes. I read a blog post about this, and a
>possible fix for this issue is to locate the user account using adsiedit
>and change the msExchRecipientTypeDetails from 2 to 1. When I do this all
>the mailboxes that showed up as linked, now show up as a regular mailbox, so
>it appears that changing the attribute worked, but after a day or two the
>mailboxes go back to being linked and the attribute changes from a 2 back to
>a 1.
>
>Any thoughts on what could be causing this?

Did you change the permission on the mailbox so there's no account
with the Associated External Access right?
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
From: sawyer on
I will take a look at this. I should be able to use ADUC to set the
associated external access rights correct? or do I or should I use the shell
for this?

Thanks

From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Wed, 3 Feb 2010 09:36:01 -0800, "sawyer" <occompguy(a)cox.net> wrote:

>I will take a look at this. I should be able to use ADUC to set the
>associated external access rights correct? or do I or should I use the shell
>for this?

If you have the Exchange tabs in the ADUC property page for the user
you can use the ADUC.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP