From: sawyer on
Hello

I am running exchange 2007 sp2, the exchange server is a member of the
corp.mydomain.com and is located in AD siteA. The AD forest consist of a
parent domain (corp.mydomain.com) and a child or subdomain
(pqa.corp.kbb.com) AD site A encompasses both domains, meaning both pqa and
corp are in AD siteA. When the OAB gets built on the Exchange 2007 server, I
am noticing from the looking at the event logs that the exchange server is
building the OAB using a DC in the child domain (pqa). This DC is a GC, but
I would rather have the exchange server look to a DC that is in the same AD
domain as itself. How can I correct this?

OALGen successfully opened a connection to Active Directory SCT-PQA-DC4
which will supply the current Address Lists.
- Default Offline Address List

From: Mark Arnold [MVP] on
On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 09:23:11 -0700, "sawyer" <occompguy(a)cox.net>
wrote:

>Hello
>
>I am running exchange 2007 sp2, the exchange server is a member of the
>corp.mydomain.com and is located in AD siteA. The AD forest consist of a
>parent domain (corp.mydomain.com) and a child or subdomain
>(pqa.corp.kbb.com) AD site A encompasses both domains, meaning both pqa and
>corp are in AD siteA. When the OAB gets built on the Exchange 2007 server, I
>am noticing from the looking at the event logs that the exchange server is
>building the OAB using a DC in the child domain (pqa). This DC is a GC, but
>I would rather have the exchange server look to a DC that is in the same AD
>domain as itself. How can I correct this?
>
>OALGen successfully opened a connection to Active Directory SCT-PQA-DC4
>which will supply the current Address Lists.
>- Default Offline Address List

Why would you "rather"? What's the perceived problem?
Is the DC in the local domain also a GC?
You can specify the DC that Exchange will look to but that's not a
clever idea unless you put a second GC from the preferred domain into
that site.