From: Brian Z on
I recently delted a TON of stuff, and also moved mail out of users mailbox.
However, my database stays the same size at 25 Gig. I heard not to run
EDBUTIL unless there is a problem. How else can I make the database
recoginze these changes? It has been a few days already and no change on the
database, even with the deleted mailboxes, moved mail and deleted items....

From: "Lee Derbyshire [MVP]" email a on
"Brian Z" <phillyfunnyguy(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I recently delted a TON of stuff, and also moved mail out of users mailbox.
>However, my database stays the same size at 25 Gig. I heard not to run
>EDBUTIL unless there is a problem. How else can I make the database
>recoginze these changes? It has been a few days already and no change on
>the database, even with the deleted mailboxes, moved mail and deleted
>items....

You should not run edbutil until you have a problem ... like this one. The
DB will not shrink by itself - Exchange likes to retain the 'white space'
for further expansion.

Lee.

--
______________________________________

Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP
www.leederbyshire.com
lee a.t leederbyshire d.o.t c.o.m
______________________________________

From: Ed Crowley [MVP] on
It's now called ESEUTIL.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

"Lee Derbyshire [MVP]" <email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m> wrote in
message news:%23vseGPujKHA.6096(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...

From: "Lee Derbyshire [MVP]" email a on
I'm just nipping outside to shoot myself...

"Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice(a)nospam.net> wrote in message
> It's now called ESEUTIL.
> --
> Ed Crowley MVP
> "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
> .
>
> "Lee Derbyshire [MVP]" <email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m> wrote in
> message news:%23vseGPujKHA.6096(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> "Brian Z" <phillyfunnyguy(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>>I recently delted a TON of stuff, and also moved mail out of users
>>>mailbox. However, my database stays the same size at 25 Gig. I heard not
>>>to run EDBUTIL unless there is a problem. How else can I make the
>>>database recoginze these changes? It has been a few days already and no
>>>change on the database, even with the deleted mailboxes, moved mail and
>>>deleted items....
>>
>> You should not run edbutil until you have a problem ... like this one.
>> The DB will not shrink by itself - Exchange likes to retain the 'white
>> space' for further expansion.
>>
>> Lee.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP
>> www.leederbyshire.com
>> lee a.t leederbyshire d.o.t c.o.m

Pages: 1
Prev: email encryption