From: Gene Whitley on
We just transitioned from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010. On the 2003 box
we had enabled the reverse DNS lookup setting. It allowed us to send email
to certain domains that did a reverse lookup. Now since we moved to 2010,
we are back in the same boat as before. Can someone tell me how to enable
DNS reverse lookup on a single Exchange 2010 server.

Yes we have a PTR from our ISP BUT we are still getting emails bounced.

From: Ed Crowley [MVP] on
Enabling reverse lookup on your server helps control spam sent to you, not
mail you send out.

I don't believe Exchange provides reverese DNS lookup blocking natively.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

From: Gene Whitley on
We're in a bit of a jam then.

There were no problems with sending to these domains under Exchange 2003,
now we can't send to them. I'm stumped on what would be causing this and
how to resolve it.

From: Ed Crowley [MVP] on
You could start by posting an NDR.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

From: Gene Whitley on
we get the following:

Primary target IP address responded with 554.5.7.1 connection refused. IP
name lookup failed for <ip address> attempted failover to alternate host,
but that did not succeed.