From: RAM on
I recently had to move a bunch of mailboxes to a new store on our
Exchange 2003 system. I have one particular mailbox that fails - the
Exchange Task Wizard log shows the following:

- <summary isWarning="false" errorCode="0xc1050102">
An unexpected, unknown error has occurred. MAPI or an unspecified
service provider. ID no: 80040102-0000-00000000

Event Viewer shows this:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store
Event Category: Move Mailbox
Event ID: 8506
Unable to move mailbox <username>.
A problem occurred while getting the properties for a message.

Internal parent folder ID: 1f-3C895; Message ID: 1-18DBE; Error
code:
0x80040102.

Run ISINTEG to check for any problem in the database

I tried using the MFCMAPI editor (since it replaced MDBViewer) to
find
this folder/message, but I'm not familiar with the tool or raw MAPI
either. In any event, I coudn't find them.

How do I find the "internal parent folder" and "message ID"
referenced
in the 8506 event, so I can delete the offending message?

Thanks in advance.

-RAM

From: Ed Crowley [MVP] on
Why don't you do what the error suggests and run ISINTEG?
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

From: RAM on
I'm planning to - but I have to schedule that, and alert the 110 users
whose mailboxes are housed there that their email will be unavailable
while I do this.

Besides, it seems like a lot of work to find out what's wrong with
just one mailbox. I was hoping someone could give me some tips or
advice for fixing this one little mailbox, rather than inconveniencing
all 110 users.

-RAM