From: Gene Whitley on
I have a customer who wants to rename his Exchange server to what the old
one was. Does anybody know of any issues with doing this?

From: Mark Arnold [MVP] on
On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 14:23:22 -0500, "Gene Whitley"
<pwhitley2(a)carolina.rr.com> wrote:

>I have a customer who wants to rename his Exchange server to what the old
>one was. Does anybody know of any issues with doing this?

It's impossible. Always has been. Can't do it in 2010 or any previous
version.
From: jesmin ningthoujam on
The answer still stands 'NO' however if you are on the verge of getting
shot, here's a link.

http://www.outlookexchange.com/articles/colinjanssen/Install_Rename.asp

You might really look into the ramifications, however there are a whole lot
of articles to give you a broad view.

:)