From: Fernando Morais on
Hi,

I have this problem in a SBS 2003 Premium instalation.
When a user tries to send an email with an atachment, with 9MB for
example after a while it gets and message back saying:

"
FILE DELETED
------------

The original contents of 'filename' have been replaced with this message
because of it's ScanTimeExceede characteristics."

This occurs with all the users, when sending to an outside address. If
we try to send to a internal address no problem occurs.
I've been searching the web for this problem, and the only thing related
to ScanTimeExceede i found was a software called Antigen from Microsoft.
But this SBS don't have that installed.
What can this be, any clues?

Thank you.
Fernando
From: Fernando Morais on
Hi Robert,

Thank you for your help.
I got some details that i didn't explained too well.
When i send that email, the recipient receives it, but the body empty
with no text and a file with the extention .txt with that text in it and
the name being the same of the zip file. For example i try to send
"data.zip" and the recipient receives an email with no text with a
"data.txt" has attachment with that text information inside.

After me there were some colleagues trying to fix this problem, and they
even removed the anti-virus from the server itself and from a
workastation to do some tests.
This happens not in only one computer but in several, using the same
file has attachment.
and after some tests run by me, i found that the problem seems to be the
number of files inside the ZIP and the the size itself. Has i created a
ZIP with 10MB and this didn't happened and the ZIP causing the problem
has more tham 900 files inside.

The outlook being use is the 2003 the one that comes with the SBS 2003
package.

I'm sending in attachment screenshots of both the email and the text
file. (NOTE: From & To fields have been removed)

At this time i'm thinking it might be a problem not from the exchange
server but from the ISP. Has the exchange connector relays the email to
the ISP smtp server.

I also didn't find any reference to this 'ScanTimeExceeded', and that
leads me to thinking this. But my knowledge is few.

Again thank you for all the help on this.

Best regards,
Fernando Morais

From: Fernando Morais on
Hi,

After some further tests it lead me to that conclusion.
My final test will be create a test connector on our exchange and route
and email with that ZIP file over the ISP of the client. If it happens
it's proved it was the ISP.

Again thank you for your help.

Regards,
Fernando Morais

From: Fernando Morais on
Hi Robert,

I was waiting for the client to report me the results.
And i received that now.
It's working ok, so i say it was an ISP problem, probably they have
Antigen installed there.
Now all the email is sent direcly by the exchange server, and only some
specific target domains pass by the ISP.

Thank you for the help.

Best regards,
Fernando