From: John on
I have windows XP SP3. My PC is about 5 years old and a bit slow. I
recently replaced my IE7 with IE8 and now find that my PC seems to have
become even slower. What is the best way to uninstal IE8 and replace it
with IE7 again?

From: Alan Edwards on
How to uninstall or remove Internet Explorer 8 (IE8)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700

....Alan
http://dts-l.com/index.htm

On Tue, 25 May 2010 19:36:11 +0800, in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support, "John" <John(a)nospam>

From: Unknown on
Why do you think IE8 is the cause of the slowup?

From: John on
I am not 100% certain however I thought I'd start with that because I've
read that IE8 has caused a problem on older PCs. I just wanted to be certain
I'd get IE7 back again without too many complications. I have also installed
Windows Live mail recently and if going back to IE7 does not improve my
problem I'll uninstall this as well. Perhaps my problem is a combination of
both. I have ample space on my harddrive but only 1024 MB DDR SDRAM and a
1.6 GHz Intel Pentium Processor. Your further comments on this would be
appreciated.

From: Bill in Co. on
1 GB of RAM and a 1.6 GHz computer is MORE than ample (and not all that old,
either).

I'm pretty certain your problem is not due to IE8. Something else is
slowing it down.