From: Phil on
I currently have a set of servers that work with OWA. I have added an
additional server to this group, and any mailbox that I put on this server,
does not authenticate when using OWA. I am able to logon to the OWA using
the backend server name, but when using the front end server, I am
challenged three times and eventually get a http/1.1 401 Unauthorized Error.
I have checked the IIS log files and notice the error specifically points to
a 401 5 0 error, however there is nothing in the ISAPI filter for this
server. This is a new server and have not changed anything on the
installation outside of patching the server, changing the default install
location to a different drive location, moved the database and logfiles to a
different location as well. I have checked the permissions, and they are the
same as another server that does work.

Specs:

Windows 2003 SP2
Exchange Standard SP2

Front end is internal as this is through proxy, proxy passes to load balance
device, and goes from there. Nothing is specified specifically for the
exchange servers currently in use.

Thanks for any ideas that I can look at.

From: Phil on
To correct this, I do not use a proxy. The connection is allowed through 443
only to the load balance device for the website.

Phil