From: ed on
Hi all,

We need to share Public folder and FreeBuy info between two exchange
organizations. (one forest A has exchange 2003 and another forest B has
exchange 2007)

I use the inter-organization replication tool

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee307369(EXCHG.80).aspx

The public folder works beautifully.

I have two questions regarding Free/Busy replication:

1) Since the F/B replication is only from Publisher to subscriber, do I need
to install the inter-organization replication tool in two forests?

2) Just for test, I created the mail-enabled contact of Forest B's user in
forest A, when I try to view that contact's Free/busy info, it shows "no
free/busy inormation could be retrieved" What am I missing? any additional
steps needed?

Thank you.

From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 10:41:49 -0700, ed <ed(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>We need to share Public folder and FreeBuy info between two exchange
>organizations. (one forest A has exchange 2003 and another forest B has
>exchange 2007)
>
>I use the inter-organization replication tool
>
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee307369(EXCHG.80).aspx
>
>The public folder works beautifully.
>
>I have two questions regarding Free/Busy replication:
>
>1) Since the F/B replication is only from Publisher to subscriber, do I need
>to install the inter-organization replication tool in two forests?

You certainly need bi-directional replication. I think that just
creating two connectors is enough. I haven't done this in a couple of
years, but I don't recall having to install IORT in both forests.

>2) Just for test, I created the mail-enabled contact of Forest B's user in
>forest A, when I try to view that contact's Free/busy info, it shows "no
>free/busy inormation could be retrieved" What am I missing? any additional
>steps needed?

Is there any data in the F/B folder for that organization?
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP