From: Neil Rentuma on
I need to recover all Servers and IP Addresses that were in my Exceptions
List for SMTP Relay.

Is there a way to recover this information without having to restore the
Exchange Server? The Exceptions List in my SMTP Virtual Server was lengthy
and was deleted by accident when we selected "All except the list below".
Now they are all gone under Relay Restrictions and under Connection Control.

Neil Rentuma
515.362.5915

From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
Neil Rentuma <NeilRentuma(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I need to recover all Servers and IP Addresses that were in my Exceptions
>List for SMTP Relay.
>
>Is there a way to recover this information without having to restore the
>Exchange Server? The Exceptions List in my SMTP Virtual Server was lengthy
>and was deleted by accident when we selected "All except the list below".
>Now they are all gone under Relay Restrictions and under Connection Control.

Well, those are stored in the AD. If they've been removed from there
then the way to get them back is to restore the AD from a backup made
before you removed them. An AD restore is nothing to take lightly.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP