From: Bill on
Hello,

I'm in the preparation stage of installing a Exchange Server 2007 into a
single domain with an existing Exchange Server 2003. The domain orignially
was developed as a Windows Server 2000 Active Directory Forest, but has now
been converted to Windows Server 2003 Active Directory (via
ADPrep/ForestPrep), all DCs (7 Total) are Windows Server 2003 across the
organization's (WAN) network with the exception of my Exchange Server 2003
which sits on a Windows Server 2000 SP4 Domain Controller. I have now
installed a new Windows Server 2008 (member server only) which only have DNS
installed on it, it will become the server I use to install Exchange Server
2007. My objective is to have both Exchange Server 2003 and Exchange Server
2007 running in the same Domain at the same time and migrate the users
mailbox and public folder over to the Exchange 2007.

Can I have both servers accessible to the users during the migration period
where they can log back into the Exchange Server 2003 if need be for some
odd reason or problem which may occur during migration?

Have you found any articles that give good directions on the migration
process (mailboxes and public folder etc.)?

Thanks
Willliam

From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 14:12:49 -0400, "Bill" <wstyler(a)verizon.net>
wrote:

[ snip ]

>Can I have both servers accessible to the users during the migration period
>where they can log back into the Exchange Server 2003 if need be for some
>odd reason or problem which may occur during migration?

Exchange 2003 and 2007 can coexist in the same organization, but a
mailbox can only be on one server.

>Have you found any articles that give good directions on the migration
>process (mailboxes and public folder etc.)?

try google.com.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP