From: ExchangeFTW on
Getting Outlook Delays
The Exchange Server is Logging these events.

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: MSExchangeIS
Event Category: Performance
Event ID: 9640
Date: 5/11/2007
Time: 2:53:38 PM
User: N/A
Computer: [Name]
Only 68% of user 's 25 attempted RPCs have succeeded in the past 35
minute(s) (which is less than the threshold of 75%)).

Adapter Speed: 100000 kbps
Machine Name: [Name]
Client Mode: Online

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeIS
Event Category: General
Event ID: 9646
Date: 5/11/2007
Time: 3:56:28 PM
User: N/A
Computer: [Name]
Mapi session "%1" exceeded the maximum of 500 objects of type "objtFolder".

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeIS
Event Category: General
Event ID: 9646
Date: 5/11/2007
Time: 3:25:02 PM
User: N/A
Computer: [Name]
Mapi session "%1" exceeded the maximum of 32 objects of type "session".

We usually don't get these type of messages.

Looked @
Event ID 9646 is logged when you try to send many messages in Exchange
Server 2003

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/830836/en-us

I really don't want to increase the default MaxObjPerMapiSession...

Do you have any other suggestions on how we can resolve this issue?

We are running

Exchange 2k3 SP2 on Wind2k3 Sp2
Clients
Outlook 2003 & Outlook 2007 in Exchange Cache Mode.

Thanks

--
ExchangeFTW
Exchange Messaging Engineer
From: Leif Pedersen [MVP] on
Hi,

This might help you determine the cause of this performance problem:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4bdc1d6b-de34-4f1c-aeba-fed1256caf9a&DisplayLang=en

Leif

From: danny on

"ExchangeFTW" wrote:

> Getting Outlook Delays
> The Exchange Server is Logging these events.
>
> Event Type: Warning
> Event Source: MSExchangeIS
> Event Category: Performance
> Event ID: 9640
> Date: 5/11/2007
> Time: 2:53:38 PM
> User: N/A
> Computer: [Name]
> Only 68% of user 's 25 attempted RPCs have succeeded in the past 35
> minute(s) (which is less than the threshold of 75%)).
>
> Adapter Speed: 100000 kbps
> Machine Name: [Name]
> Client Mode: Online
>

> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: MSExchangeIS
> Event Category: General
> Event ID: 9646
> Date: 5/11/2007
> Time: 3:56:28 PM
> User: N/A
> Computer: [Name]
> Mapi session "%1" exceeded the maximum of 500 objects of type "objtFolder".
>
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: MSExchangeIS
> Event Category: General
> Event ID: 9646
> Date: 5/11/2007
> Time: 3:25:02 PM
> User: N/A
> Computer: [Name]
> Mapi session "%1" exceeded the maximum of 32 objects of type "session".
>
> We usually don't get these type of messages.
>
> Looked @
> Event ID 9646 is logged when you try to send many messages in Exchange
> Server 2003

> I really don't want to increase the default MaxObjPerMapiSession...
>
> Do you have any other suggestions on how we can resolve this issue?
>
> We are running
>
> Exchange 2k3 SP2 on Wind2k3 Sp2
> Clients
> Outlook 2003 & Outlook 2007 in Exchange Cache Mode.
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> ExchangeFTW
> Exchange Messaging Engineer

I AM HAVING THE SAME ISSUE. RUNNING Exchange 2k3 SP2 on Wind2k3 Sp2 .
microsoft please fix this issue with windows 2003 SP2