From: Seekyouwillfind on
Also if I use the local name like you suggest how do I test the phone from
a wireless perspective. When I try to sync wirelessly it's going through the
phone provider which is going to then be directed to come in through our wan
connection. On the phone side we have to use the server name that is in our
public DNS record (which is not our local name).

I could hook this to a PC and do a sync but we did that with a couple pilot
phones before we went live with the wireless option and they worked fine at
the local PC level.

From: mb on
EAS will not work with SSL enabled on its Virtual Server. OWA can have
SSL enabled and work fine. The best method is to disable SSL on the
EAS virutal server, and enable it on your other exchange virtual
servers. Your device connect to the non-SSL one which then connects to
Exchange Virtual directiry, making the connection a secure one.

Have a look at this... to see if this helps

http://www.petri.co.il/problems_with_forms_based_authentication_and_ssl_in_activesync.htm