From: Seekyouwillfind on
Getting support code: 0x85010004 on Device.

Background,

We have implemented single exchange server, has Thawte SSL Server
Certificate installed. Did all the single server work arounds that are
required to get SSL working on a single server. AS outlined in many MS QB's.
WE have rechecked all of this.

From outside we can connect to OWA using https://outlook.mydomain.com.

I think we made one mistake with Exchnge active synce and OMA and that is to
make it easier for our web users we put in the recommended host header at
the defualt website that redirects users to the /exchange directory so they
don't have to put that in their URL. What MS says is a Exchange virtual
server redirect.

When we made that change in IIS manager at the default website, we went
into home directory and selected the Option A redirect URL.

Checked Direct below URL
Checked A permenant redirect.

When we applied a box for Inhertitance overides came up and it listed a ton
of CHILD Object websites and virtual directories and want to know which to
apply this to. We selected all of them and hit OK. I think that was
another blunder.

OWA works just great to the https://outlook.mydomain.com but we can get a
single mobile phone to do a exchange active sync to this server.

We get the error 0x85010004 on Device. When a search this on MS or google it
tells me three possible things. We know it's not an SSl issue. SSL works
for OWA users. WE are using a brand that has root certificates embedded in
the phones so we know that is right. We think we screwed ourselfs with
modifiying the defualt host headers on this and now that we applied them to
all the child objects. They are:
Exadmin
Exchange
Exchange-OMA (the one we created for the single server work around)
Exchweb
Microsoft-Server-Activesync
OMA
Printers
Public

The question at this point is .. Is this host header mod the issue?? If so
how in the heck do we set the defaults back???

We have gone back turned of the redirect back off at the default website
and the home directory back to IIS default BUT that doesn't fix what ever
changes got made to all these child object. We have no idea what this mod
changed in them and what to set them back to?

Any suggestions???

From: aau007 on
Are you trying to enable SSL with EAS on a single Exchange server with
OWA with SSL? There are specific MS articles descriping this.

Does the following article fits your description?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817379/en-us

From: Seekyouwillfind on
Yes that is correct. OWA is SSL enabled, We have SSl enabled on Devices as
well. We followed the guidelines for MS mobiles solutions on a single server
that MS published as well as several KB's. In the KB you referenced we
followed method two EXPLICITELY. We have triple checkedour settings to this
regard and they are correct.

From: aau007 on
1. Try EAS without SSL to see if you are successful. Disable SSL on
both the PPC device AND on the EAS virtual directory security.
2. In the EAS virtual directory settings, make sure you select the
default domain. DO NOT use \ as the default domain. You should select
your NETBIOS domain name as the default domain.

From: Seekyouwillfind on
Can you clarify on Item 2. I'm not sure I understand. Can you give me an
example?

Thanks