From: Gerard on
On Wed, 9 Sep 2009 15:30:22 -0400 (EDT)
wietse(a)porcupine.org (Wietse Venema) wrote:

> Gerard:
> > I use fetchmail to harvest mail from a couple of accounts. I added
> > this to the main.cf file and fetchmail stopped delivering mail.
> >=20
> > smtpd_tls_security_level =3D encrypt
> >=20
> > This was the error message:
> >=20
> > fetchmail: SMTP error: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first
> > fetchmail: SMTP server requires STARTTLS, keeping message.
>=20
> /etc/postfix/master.cf:
> 192.168.1.1:smtp inet n - - - -
> smtpd 127.0.0.1:smtp inet n - - - -
> smtpd -o smtpd_tls_security_level=3Dmay
>=20
> > I then added this to the main.cf file:
> >=20
> > smtpd_sasl_exceptions_networks =3D localhost
>=20
> That controls SASL not TLS.
>=20
> Wietse

I had to modify that slightly and use 192.168.1.103 instead. I received
an error about not being able to bind to the address.

Unfortunately, there still seems to be a problem. The clamav-milter is
now apparently not working correctly.

=46rom maillog:

Sep 10 07:15:18 scorpio postfix/smtpd[59459]: connect from unknown[127.0.0.=
1]
Sep 10 07:15:18 scorpio postfix/smtpd[59459]: warning: connect to Milter se=
rvice unix:/var/run/clamav/clmilter.sock: No such file or directory
Sep 10 07:15:18 scorpio postfix/smtpd[59459]: 1BF4322834: client=3Dunknown[=
127.0.0.1]

I checked, and clamav-milter is running and the file does exist:
srwxrwxr-x 1 clamav postfix 0B Sep 10 07:14 clmilter.sock=3D

In any case, I have activated the submission port and am attempting to
get all the mail users to use that instead. So far, so good.

--=20
Gerard
postfix.user(a)yahoo.com

Likewise, the national appetizer, brine-cured herring with raw onions,
wins few friends, Germans excepted.

Darwin Porter "Scandinavia On $50 A Day"
From: Wietse Venema on
Gerard:
> On Wed, 9 Sep 2009 15:30:22 -0400 (EDT)
> wietse(a)porcupine.org (Wietse Venema) wrote:
>
> > Gerard:
> > > I use fetchmail to harvest mail from a couple of accounts. I added
> > > this to the main.cf file and fetchmail stopped delivering mail.
> > >
> > > smtpd_tls_security_level = encrypt
> > >
> > > This was the error message:
> > >
> > > fetchmail: SMTP error: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first
> > > fetchmail: SMTP server requires STARTTLS, keeping message.
> >
> > /etc/postfix/master.cf:
> > 192.168.1.1:smtp inet n - - - -
> > smtpd 127.0.0.1:smtp inet n - - - -
> > smtpd -o smtpd_tls_security_level=may
> >
> > > I then added this to the main.cf file:
> > >
> > > smtpd_sasl_exceptions_networks = localhost
> >
> > That controls SASL not TLS.
> >
> > Wietse
>
> I had to modify that slightly and use 192.168.1.103 instead. I received
> an error about not being able to bind to the address.
>
> Unfortunately, there still seems to be a problem. The clamav-milter is
> now apparently not working correctly.

Use Victor's suggestion instead.

smtpd_tls_security_level = may
smtpd_client_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, reject_plaintext_session

Wietse