From: KKD on
I cannot get my conditional formatting rule to apply to my entire data set.
My data are set in rows. I want the entire row to format (color fill) when
two specific cells within that row equal each other. I can get the single row
to work properly, but I can't see how to expand this formula down to each row
on my worksheet.

I have read several other posts regarding this issue but am still not able
to get it to work, can someone help me out?
--
KKD
From: Don Guillett on
Have you tried using the format painter which is probably on your tool bar.
Looks like a paint brush

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

From: KKD on
No I have not, and what would I do with this paint brush? I want to use
conditional formatting.
--
KKD

From: trip_to_tokyo on
KKD, check this out as I think it may assist.

EXCEL 2007 take the following actions:-

1. Go into F 1 Help Facility and type in:-

conditional formatting

2. Hit the Search, "button".

3. There is a topic called:-

Conditionally formatted data: Examples and guidlines

4. Click on the above topic.

5. Opening the above topic there is a hyperlink about three quarters of the
way down the page called:-

Conditional Formatting Samples

6. Click on the above hyperlink.

7. A file will open.

Take a look at the Worksheet called:-

Products3

This is about:-

"Shade an entire row where several criteria must be true"

This seems to be what you want.

I have worked through this example myself and it is, "spot on".

Please hit Yes if my comments have helped.

Thanks.

From: Don Guillett on
When all else fails, RTFI
Look in the help index for format painter