From: GLT101 on
Hi All,

I am running Microsoft Virtual PC 6.0.192.0 on Windows 7
Ultimate N. I am unable to successfuly install any Windows 7
virtual machines. They all hang at the "Expanding files..."
point. I have tried multiple different DVDs and different
versions of Windows 7 (English Ultimate, English Ultimate N,
English Enterprise, Japanese etc.).

Anyone have suggestions as to what might be wrong?

Cheers,
Geoff

From: Robert Comer on
Are you sure you're giving it enough time? Without hardware
virtualization it's going to be really slow...

--
Bob Comer

From: GLT101 on
Hi Robert,

Thanks for hte response. I gave it all night in one case. It didn't move
from 0%.

Cheers,
Geoff

From: Bo Berglund on
On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 06:41:02 -0800, GLT101
<GLT101(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I am running Microsoft Virtual PC 6.0.192.0 on Windows 7
>Ultimate N. I am unable to successfuly install any Windows 7
>virtual machines. They all hang at the "Expanding files..."
>point. I have tried multiple different DVDs and different
>versions of Windows 7 (English Ultimate, English Ultimate N,
>English Enterprise, Japanese etc.).
>
>Anyone have suggestions as to what might be wrong?

Try VMWare Player 3 then. It gives you much more Win7 support than
VPC2007 does!
--

Bo Berglund (Sweden)
From: GLT101 on
Hi Bo,

In fact in the mean time I have switched to Sun's Virtualbox.
Seems to be working out ok : I am 5 for 5 successful installs
so far. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Cheers,
Geoff