From: chris_prolls on
Hello,

I have a problem with Expect under Windows 7 64 bits (I reproduce the
problem under XP 32 bits)
Let me explain:
I have to telnet a remote device. As telnet client, I'm using plink
because I can also ssh if needed.
The telnet connection is fine, but when I send a commande to the
device, the response contains some speciel caracters,like question
mark or other fancy stuff.

Instead of having this:
SEND ===>environment no terminal-timeout inhibit-alarms
RCVD<--- environment no terminal-timeout inhibit-alarms
SEND ===>exit all
RCVD <--- exit all

I receive that:
SEND ===>environment no terminal-timeout inhibit-alarms
RCVD<--- environment no terminal-timeout inhibit-a?larms
inhibit-alarms : disables the alarm reporting in the current
session
SEND ===>exit all
RCVD <--- environment no terminal-timeout inhibit-a?larms [7Dlarms
[7Dexit all
^
invalid token

I suppose it's an encoding issue due to Expect but I do not know how
we can change it.
If I telnet manually the device with plink, everything is ok.

Did somebody experience same issue?

Thanks

Regards,

Christian