From: Richard on
Hi, When I used to open Explorer I always got "My Computer" above "My
Docs" in the list, and "My Computer" was always the expanded one. Now
"My Docs" has moved above "My Computer" and that is the expanded list. A
small problem I know, but irritating as I always want to get somewhere
in "My Computer" first without collapsing one then expanding the other
ina position I'm not used to. I believe is has something to do with
"%root% type commands, but I cannot remember. Any help appreciated.
Richard.
From: Donald Anadell on

"Richard" <rsully(a)dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> Hi, When I used to open Explorer I always got "My Computer" above "My
> Docs" in the list, and "My Computer" was always the expanded one. Now "My
> Docs" has moved above "My Computer" and that is the expanded list. A small
> problem I know, but irritating as I always want to get somewhere in "My
> Computer" first without collapsing one then expanding the other ina
> position I'm not used to. I believe is has something to do with "%root%
> type commands, but I cannot remember. Any help appreciated.
> Richard.

See:

http://www.theeldergeek.com/start_explorer_in_c_drive.htm

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

From: Richard on
On 05/07/2010 20:23, Donald Anadell wrote:
> "Richard"<rsully(a)dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
>> Hi, When I used to open Explorer I always got "My Computer" above "My
>> Docs" in the list, and "My Computer" was always the expanded one. Now "My
>> Docs" has moved above "My Computer" and that is the expanded list. A small
>> problem I know, but irritating as I always want to get somewhere in "My
>> Computer" first without collapsing one then expanding the other ina
>> position I'm not used to. I believe is has something to do with "%root%
>> type commands, but I cannot remember. Any help appreciated.
>> Richard.
>
> See:
>
> http://www.theeldergeek.com/start_explorer_in_c_drive.htm
>
> Good luck,
>
> Donald Anadell

Thank you Donald....That is very nearly exactly as I wanted it. The C
drive now opens expanded and not "My Docs" (Using the
"%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,/select,%systemroot%" configuration. If I
could now just move the "My Comp" folder(expanded) to above "My Docs" so
it is top of the tree.......!! Any ideas?? Thanks again.
Richard.
From: Donald Anadell on

> On 05/07/2010 20:23, Donald Anadell wrote:
>> "Richard"<rsully(a)dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi, When I used to open Explorer I always got "My Computer" above "My
>>> Docs" in the list, and "My Computer" was always the expanded one. Now
>>> "My
>>> Docs" has moved above "My Computer" and that is the expanded list. A
>>> small
>>> problem I know, but irritating as I always want to get somewhere in "My
>>> Computer" first without collapsing one then expanding the other ina
>>> position I'm not used to. I believe is has something to do with "%root%
>>> type commands, but I cannot remember. Any help appreciated.
>>> Richard.
>>
>> See:
>>
>> http://www.theeldergeek.com/start_explorer_in_c_drive.htm
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Donald Anadell
>>

> Thank you Donald....That is very nearly exactly as I wanted it. The C
> drive now opens expanded and not "My Docs" (Using the
> "%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,/select,%systemroot%" configuration. If I
> could now just move the "My Comp" folder(expanded) to above "My Docs" so
> it is top of the tree.......!! Any ideas?? Thanks again.

The easiest way would be to use the "TweakUI" power toy and change the
"Desktop" setting for "First Icon" to My Computer instead of My Documents.
Then when you open Windows Explorer, it will open with My Computer on top of
the tree instead of My Documents.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

From: Richard on
On 06/07/2010 14:53, Donald Anadell wrote:
> "Richard"<rsully(a)dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
>> On 05/07/2010 20:23, Donald Anadell wrote:
>>> "Richard"<rsully(a)dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> See:
>>>
>>> http://www.theeldergeek.com/start_explorer_in_c_drive.htm
>>>
>>> Good luck,
>>>
>>> Donald Anadell
>>>

>> Thank you Donald....That is very nearly exactly as I wanted it. The C
>> drive now opens expanded and not "My Docs" (Using the
>> "%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,/select,%systemroot%" configuration. If I
>> could now just move the "My Comp" folder(expanded) to above "My Docs" so
>> it is top of the tree.......!! Any ideas?? Thanks again.
>
> The easiest way would be to use the "TweakUI" power toy and change the
> "Desktop" setting for "First Icon" to My Computer instead of My Documents.
> Then when you open Windows Explorer, it will open with My Computer on top of
> the tree instead of My Documents.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Donald Anadell
>

>> Richard.

Brilliant!! Works perfectly! Thank you Donald.