From: PSULionRP on
Fairly new to Access VBA.

How can I export an Access Query to a pipe delimited .csv file???

I believe the VBA Syntax is...

DoCmd.TransferText acExportDelim, _
"Specification Name", "qry_name", "C:\PathName\FileName.csv"

How do I specify and indicate to make it pipe delimited, "|"???

Thanks for your review and hopeful for a replay.

PSULionRP

From: Chris on
You would set that up in your specification, and save it. That would be the
"specification name" parameter.

From: PSULionRP on
Can you be a little more specific Chris?? This is the first time I have ever
attempted this. Or provide me an education link that might explain this in
detail?

Thanks Chris.

From: Chris on
First, you need to create a query that selects all the data that you want.
Save it. Then, run the query, and click on FILE, EXPORT. You will get the
export query window. Under the SAVE AS TYPE dropdown, select text files and
then click on export. The export text window will appear. Select delimited,
enter the pipe symbol for delimiter, and click on advanced. Then, select
SAVE AS, and enter a name. This will be the "Specification Name". Save the
query. The query name will be "qry_name".

Hope this helps.

From: De Jager on