From: alex on
Function for UserName Group

Hello,
Using Access ’03 on XP system…

I know there are a few functions out there that will pull the windows
username…

I’m looking for one that will also return the group (set by the sys
administrator) to which the username is assigned—should the username
be assigned to a group.

One of the functions that returns the username, utilizes (I believe)
the mpr.dll…maybe there’s one for the group name (just a thought)?

Thanks for any help,
alex
From: Daniel Pineault on
What type of group information are you referring to? From your original
post, I believe you are not referring to database uls groups. So are you
meaning domain group? Which type of domain architecture are you using (NT,
active directory, etc.)???

If I am way off the mark, please explain further.
--
Hope this helps,

Daniel Pineault
http://www.cardaconsultants.com/

From: alex on
On Mar 9, 8:24 am, Daniel Pineault
<DanielPinea...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> What type of group information are you referring to?  From your original
> post, I believe you are not referring to database uls groups.  So are you
> meaning domain group?  Which type of domain architecture are you using (NT,
> active directory, etc.)???
>
> If I am way off the mark, please explain further.
> --
> Hope this helps,
>
> Daniel Pineaulthttp://www.cardaconsultants.com/
> For Access Tips and Examples:http://www.devhut.net
> Please rate this post using the vote buttons if it was helpful.
>

> "alex" wrote:
> > Function for UserName Group
>
> > Hello,
> > Using Access ’03 on XP system…
>
> > I know there are a few functions out there that will pull the windows
> > username…
>
> > I’m looking for one that will also return the group (set by the sys
> > administrator) to which the username is assigned—should the username
> > be assigned to a group.
>
> > One of the functions that returns the username, utilizes (I believe)
> > the mpr.dll…maybe there’s one for the group name (just a thought)?
>
> > Thanks for any help,
> > alex

Thanks Daniel for responding...
You're right, I'm not talking about the database uls group.
I'm talking about the domain group: right click on folder > properties
> security (that group).
I'm unsure of the architecture, but I could check if you told me how.
Thanks again,
alex
From: Daniel Pineault on
Your best bet, or at least a good place to start, would be to check out
http://vbnet.mvps.org/ and see if you can find what you need there.

For instance, I saw the following, which might be what you are looking for
http://vbnet.mvps.org/index.html?code/network/netgocalgroupgetmembers.htm
http://vbnet.mvps.org/index.html?code/wmi/win32_account.htm

You may have to do some tweaking to suit your exact need, but you should be
able to find something to get you on your way.

From: alex on
On Mar 9, 12:20 pm, Daniel Pineault
<DanielPinea...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Your best bet, or at least a good place to start, would be to check outhttp://vbnet.mvps.org/and see if you can find what you need there.
>
> For instance, I saw the following, which might be what you are looking forhttp://vbnet.mvps.org/index.html?code/network/netgocalgroupgetmembers...http://vbnet.mvps.org/index.html?code/wmi/win32_account.htm
>
> You may have to do some tweaking to suit your exact need, but you should be
> able to find something to get you on your way.
> --
> Hope this helps,
>
> Daniel Pineaulthttp://www.cardaconsultants.com/
> For Access Tips and Examples:http://www.devhut.net
> Please rate this post using the vote buttons if it was helpful.
>

> "alex" wrote:
> > On Mar 9, 8:24 am, Daniel Pineault
> > <DanielPinea...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > > What type of group information are you referring to?  From your original
> > > post, I believe you are not referring to database uls groups.  So are you
> > > meaning domain group?  Which type of domain architecture are you using (NT,
> > > active directory, etc.)???
>
> > > If I am way off the mark, please explain further.
> > > --
> > > Hope this helps,
>
> > > Daniel Pineaulthttp://www.cardaconsultants.com/
> > > For Access Tips and Examples:http://www.devhut.net
> > > Please rate this post using the vote buttons if it was helpful.

> > Thanks Daniel for responding...
> > You're right, I'm not talking about the database uls group.
> > I'm talking about the domain group: right click on folder > properties
> > > security (that group).
> > I'm unsure of the architecture, but I could check if you told me how.
> > Thanks again,
> > alex

Thanks Daniel for the help.
I've tried some of the code, but I'm having difficulty getting it to
run in VBA. I'll keep trying.
Thanks again,
alex