From: ChoonBoy on
Please help with this.

I have a one column datasheet form with the following information.

TeamA
TeamB
TeamC
TeamD
and more

I want to export it to Word or Notepad and the information must be separated
by a comma for each item.

TeamA,TeamB,TeamC,TeamD,...

Appreciate if you can provide me the codes for the export button.

Thanks in advance.
From: John W. Vinson on
On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 17:55:01 -0700, ChoonBoy
<ChoonBoy(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Please help with this.
>
>I have a one column datasheet form with the following information.
>
>TeamA
>TeamB
>TeamC
>TeamD
>and more
>
>I want to export it to Word or Notepad and the information must be separated
>by a comma for each item.
>
>TeamA,TeamB,TeamC,TeamD,...
>
>Appreciate if you can provide me the codes for the export button.
>
>Thanks in advance.

See
http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0004.htm
for code to create a query displaying this comma separated string.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: ChoonBoy on
Thanks for the lead.

Is there another method. The column I am refering to has many rows. It
cannot fit a field in a query.

Thanks

From: John W. Vinson on
On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 07:57:03 -0700, ChoonBoy
<ChoonBoy(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Is there another method. The column I am refering to has many rows. It
>cannot fit a field in a query.

Ummm...

So you're going to have a comma separated text string over 65536 characters
long?

Who's going to read it???

Please explain the context. What will be done with this string? If there will
indeed be thousands of values in the comma-separated string you may need to
use VBA code, open a recordset and construct the string.

--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: ChoonBoy on
Your are right, I do not need that many characters.

A field in a table can only take 255 characters, I mistakenly associate it
to a query result.

Thanks for your help.

Regards